With Zebra's innovative ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer line and ZMotif software platform, create on-demand plastic cards with picture-perfect image quality that meets your brand and quality requirements. To achieve this superior image quality, the printer uses image processing algorithms based on Zebra's photo printer technology. Increase your operational efficiency without sacrificing image quality through the printer's best-in-class throughput, provided by Zebra's patent-pending simultaneous dual-sided image transfer process. The printer's modular design provides flexibility to add a variety of encoding options as needed. And its high reliability minimizes your printer maintenance needs and total cost of ownership. In addition, ZXP Series 8 printers include ZMotif XML-based software for easy system integration and faster deployment and return on investment.
Spec Sheet Technical Information
Recommended Use : Card Print
Print Color Capability : Color
Maximum Color Print Speed : 18.9 Second
Maximum Print Resolution : 304 dpi
Encoding Technology : Magnetic Stripe Encoder
Features : Dual Laminator
Standard Memory : 64 MB
USB : Yes
Network & Communication
Ethernet : Yes
Ethernet Technology : Fast Ethernet
Display & Graphics
Display Screen Type : LCD
Media Types & Handling
Media Type :
- PVC Card
- PVC Composite
- PET Card
- PETG Card
- ABS Card
Media Size : CR-80 Card
Media Handling :
- 1 x Feeder 150 Card
- 1 x Output Hopper 100 Card
Media Load Type : Auto Feed
Media Thickness : 40 mil
Fonts & Emulation
Language Emulation : XML
Input Voltage :
- 110 V AC
- 220 V AC
Form Factor : Desktop
Height : 13.2"
Width : 30.8"
Depth : 20.4"
Package Contents :
- ZXP8 Card Printer Dual Sided
- US Power Cord
- USB Cable
- Software CD
Platform Supported : PC
Limited Warranty : 2 Year
Manufacturer Part Number Z84-0M0C0000US00 Manufacturer Zebra
- Additional Information
Zebra ZXP Series 8 Dual-Sided Card Printer
Interested in upgrading your card printing solution? Trade in your current printer toward the purchase of this Zebra ZXP Series 8 model or any other qualifying Zebra printer model, and you could receive a rebate of up to $400! Click here to visit our promotion page or contact a RACO Card representative for more details.
Innovative, best-in-class retransfer card printer
With best-in-class, productivity-boosting throughput, you can produce vivid color plastic cards on demand fast thanks to Zebra’s highly advanced ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer, featuring its patent-pending image transfer process. Even at unparalleled print speeds, the printer achieves superior, photo-quality images that boasts rich, consistent colors and strikingly sharp resolution.
The Zebra ZXP Series 8 includes ZMotif™ software for easy integration with enterprise applications. A modular design gives you the flexibility to add a variety of encoding options as needed, while the printer’s high reliability minimizes maintenance needs and total cost of ownership.
- ID and access control cards
- Government-issued driver’s licenses
- National ID and voter registration cards
- People-tracking in high-security areas
- Instant issuance of ATM/credit/smart cards
- Personalized gift, membership and loyalty cards
- Smart cards in travel, gaming and entertainment
- Best-in-class throughput for printing, encoding and laminating increases your operational efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Based on Zebra’s image-processing technology, photo-quality image and print resolution are obtained to meet your quality and brand specifications.
- Designed inside and out to be reliable and durable—reducing repair costs and downtime.
Easy printer integration and management
- ZMotif XML-based drivers and SDK makes the printer enterprise-ready with driver and management utility tools for easy setup and faster deployment—saving IT time and costs.
- Microsoft® Windows® certified drivers ensure application compatibility, ease of use, and investment protection in existing software infrastructures.
- A variety of connectivity interfaces are available for easy integration into local or networked • systems—USB, Ethernet, and 802.11b/g wireless.
Modular design with order-now or add-later options
- Magnetic stripe encoder
- Smart card contact and contactless encoders
- UHF Gen 2 RFID encoder
- Ethernet and 802.11b/g wireless connectivity
- Laminator module option for double-sided lamination
- Transfer film easily shows tamper evidence for built-in fraud protection
- Lockable enclosure and card feeder prevents unauthorized use
- Kensington® lock slot to secure printer to work environment
Innovative hardware matched with innovative software
The Zebra ZXP Series 8 printer is based on new leading-edge software technology that enables high-performance printing and meets demanding enterprise needs for application integration and management.
ZMotif, Zebra’s new XML standards-based printer and job control software language, delivers the benefits of card printing transparently via Windows® certified drivers, along with an advanced Software Development Kit (SDK) and development tools for application integration and printer management.
The new Zebra ZMotif toolbox application provides a complete management console for advanced printer and driver configuration and management. Features such as user role-based driver password protection, configuration save and restore capability, print logging, and a library suite of test cards, ensure that setup and management of Zebra ZXP Series 8 printers are a snap—whether by a single user or via advanced multiple printer configurations management.
About the retransfer printing technology
Unlike traditional dye sublimation card printers, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card, retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card. In general, benefits of retransfer printing include:
- Higher image quality and print resolution
- The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
- True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
- The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
- More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
- Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident