This product is no longer available. We will continue to carry options, accessories and supplies for this product for as long as we can. Please contact RACO for availability and pricing or for a comparable replacement product.
Zebra Z4M ™ Thermal Transfer and Direct Thermal Barcode Label Metal Case Printers
Get acquainted with a rugged, new Z Series metal printer - the Z4M.
The Z4M thermal printer has a personality all its own - along with a rugged look and feel characteristic of a Zebra workhorse.
Charcoal gray accents enhance the printer's sleek, contoured design while providing improved dirt-and-smudge-resistance in the most industrial work environments.
Powerful, Price-Performance Leader
Get more bang for your buck! One of Zebra's fastest printers at 10 inches per second, this state-of-the-art metal printer with back-lit LCD control panel works hard, but is easy on your budget.
- Heavy-gauge steel media and electronics covers
- Die-cast aluminum base, frame and printhead mechanism
Competitively Priced, State-of-the-art Printer
- Price-performance leader
- More standard features per dollar than any other printer in its class
- Print speeds up to 10 inches per second
Simple, Reliable Operation
- Standard back-lit LCD control panel for printer adjustments on the fly
- Printhead with head open lock stays in full open position for convenient media loading
- Full-size media window for easier viewing of your label and ribbon supplies
- Color-coded operator cues, auto-calibration for intuitive operation and quick printer set-up
Specifications at a Glance*
- Print methods: Thermal transfer or direct thermal
- Construction: Die-cast aluminum base, frame and printhead mechanism
- Metal media cover with large clear window
- Zebra E Printhead Energy Control
- Auto-detectable power supply
- Color-coded operator cues
- Back-lit LCD control panel
Zebra Programming Language
- ZPL & ZPL II - universal language for Zebra printers. Simplifies label formatting and enables seamless compatibility with other Zebra printers.
- ZBI - works with ZPL to control and interpret text and data steams from peripherals and non-ZPL printer programming languages. Transmits captured data over LAN, WAN, or wireless network via e-mail or TCP/IP messaging.
The rugged Z4M is ideal for a wide variety of applications, including:
- Compliance labeling
- Asset tracking
- Inventory control
- Commercial/Small business
- Operating Temp. 40 F/5 F/40 C
- Storage/Environ. -40 F/-40 C to 140 F/60 C
- Operating Humidity 20-85% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity 5-85% non-condensing
Universal auto-detectable (PFC-compliant) power supply 90-265 VAC; 48-62 Hz; 5A fused
Communication Interface Capabilities
- RS-232C/422/485 serial port
- Bi-directional parallel port
UL 1950; CISPR 22 (Class B); IEC 950; 801-2, -3 and -4 standards; Canadian Doc. (Class A); FCC (Class B); CE compliance
Max. Roll Size
8" /203mm O.D. on a 3" /76mm I.D. core
Thickness (label & liner)
0023" /.058mm to .01"/.25mm
Continuous or fanfold, die-cut, notched, tag stock, black mark, perforated
For optimum print quality and printer performance, use Genuine Zebra supplies.
Ribbon is recommended to be at least as wide as media.
Max. Roll Size
- 3.2"/81.3mm O.D. on a 1" /25.4mm I.D. core
- 1476'/450m; provides 2:1 & 3:1 media roll to ribbon ratios
- Ribbon wound ink side out
Fonts and Character Sets
- Standard Fonts; 9 bitmapped, 1 smooth scalable (CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed)
- Sets: IBM Page 850 International character set
- Optional European and Asian font sets
Bar Code Symbologies
- Linear Bar Codes; Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, ISBT-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC and EAN 2 or 5 digital extensions, Plessey, POSTNET, Standard 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS, MSI, Codabar
- Two-Dimensional: CODABLOCK, PDF-417, Code 49, DataMatrix, Maxi Code, QR Code, Micro PDF-417
- Supports user-defined fonts and graphics - including custom logos
- ZPL II drawing commands - including boxes and lines
Options and Accessories
- 300dpi printhead
- Up to 2MB Flash; up to 8MB via PCMCIA card
- Cutter with catch tray
- Value peel- a front mount, passive peel option with no liner take-up
- Liner take-up (works with value peel option) - full roll liner take-up spindle (comes without rewind; fits standard printer base)
- Rewind - internally rewinds full label roll on three-inch core (comes with four-inch, non-standard printer base)
- PCMCIA connector (supports PC cards up to 8MB)
- ZebraNet PrintServer II (for Ethernet connectivity)
- BAR-ONE software
- European and Asian font sets
* Specifications listed are for base model printers with standard features only unless otherwise noted. Specifications subject to change without notice. All Product and brand names are trademarks of their respective companies. All rights reserved.
ZebraLink, a revolutionary real-time connectivity and control solution for Zebra printers, includes:
1. WebView - enables the remote monitoring and configuration capability of Zebra printers in real-time using Web-based tools.
2. Alert - enables a Zebra printer to receive or send error Alert condition messages via the Internet.
3. ZBI - programming language that works with ZPL II to control and interpret incoming text and data
ZebraLink gives you the freedom to replace other bar code printers with the superior performance and reliability of Zebra printers, without costly reprogramming of your host system. Or, you can create a stand-alone application using the Z4M printer and, for example, a scanner or weigh-scale, without the need for a PC. internet-aware, ZBI can transmit data captured by these peripheral devices over your LAN, WAN, or wireless network via e-mail or TCP-IP messaging. More about ZebraLink
Maximum Print Area
Length with 203 dpi:
105"/2,667mm (with standard memory)
Length with 300 dpi:
49"/1,245mm (with standard memory)
203 dpi/8 dots per mm; 300 dpi/12 dots per mm
Maximum Print Speed
10"/254mm per second (with 203 dpi)
Standard: 4MB DRAM (2MB user available)
Optional: Up to 2MB Flash; up to 8MB Flash via PCMCIA card
Label and liner width:
1"/25.4mm to 4.5"/114mm
2"/51mm to 4.33"/110mm
Features N/A Spec Sheet N/A Manufacturer Part Number N/A RACO Part Number N/A Manufacturer Zebra Standard Memory N/A Flash Memory N/A Screen Resolution N/A Display Color N/A Scanner Type N/A Data Collection Type N/A Product Color N/A Resolution N/A Max Print Width N/A Max Roll Diameter N/A Max Label Width N/A Interface N/A Product Type N/A Connectivity N/A Scanner Capability N/A Image Sensor N/A Operating System N/A Print Color N/A Obsolete 1