Trust these drop-resistant mobile printers to improve efficiencies throughout operations-in the warehouse, shipping and receiving and merchandising. Quickly and easily print barcode labels, receipts, tickets and more, on-site and on-demand.
Spec Sheet Technical Information
Recommended Use : Label Print
Print Color Capability : Monochrome
Maximum Mono Print Speed : 4 in/s
Maximum Print Resolution : 203 dpi
Maximum Print Width : 1.90"
Barcode Symbology Supported :
- Code 39
- Code 93
- UCC/EAN 128
- Code 128
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- EAN-13 With 2 or 5 Digit Extension
- EAN-8 With 2 or 5 Digit Extension
- UPC-A with 2 or 5 Digit Extension
- UPC-E with 2 or 5 Digit Extension
- Micro PDF-417
- Maxi Code
- QR Code
- GS1 DataBar
- Aztec Code
- Data Matrix
- TLC 39
- Mirror Printing
- Label Odometer
- Real Time Clock
- Water Resistant
- Drop Resistant
- Tear Bar
Standard Memory : 128 MB
Flash Memory : 256 MB
Serial Port : Yes
USB : Yes
Network & Communication
Bluetooth : Yes
Display & Graphics
Display Screen Type : LCD
Media Types & Handling
Media Type :
- Direct Thermal Label
- Linered Media
- Black Mark
- Die-cut Label
- Roll Fed
- Black Bar
Media Sensor :
- Transmissive Media Sensor
- Label Taken Sensor
Media Thickness : 5.50 mil
Maximum Roll Diameter : 2.20"
Maximum Label Width : 2.18"
Maximum Label Length : 32"
Label Core Size : 0.75"
Fonts & Emulation
Language Emulation : CPCL
Power Source : Battery
Input Voltage : 7.4 V DC
Battery Chemistry : Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
Battery Included : Yes
Battery Rechargeable : Yes
Form Factor : Portable
Height : 2.8"
Width : 3.5"
Depth : 6.5"
Weight (Approximate) : 1.25 lb
Package Contents :
- QLn220 Mobile Printer
Platform Supported :
Certifications & Standards :
- FCC Part 15
- Subpart B
- EN55022 Class-B
- VCCI class B
Limited Warranty : 1 Year
Manufacturer Part Number QN2-AUCA0M00-00 Manufacturer Zebra Standard Memory 128 MB Flash Memory 256 MB Resolution 203 dpi Max Print Width 1.90" Max Roll Diameter 2.20" Max Label Width 2.18" Interface Serial Port, USB Product Type Direct Thermal Printer Print Color Monochrome
- Additional Information
Zebra QLn220 Printer
Zebra’s popular QL family of direct thermal mobile label printers has built a highly satisfied following based upon its proven drop-resistant durability; user-friendly, productivity-boosting features; and easy integration. As Zebra’s third generation of QL printers, the QLn series extends these QL-platform benefits to the “nth” power—whether you choose the QLn320 for 3-inch-wide printing, or the QLn220 for print widths up to 2 inches.
A new seamless, one-piece design and tempered-glass display join the printer’s rubber-infused over-molding to make the lightweight printer even more durable. The QLn printer can boost your operation’s productivity through a larger, sharper, easier-to-navigate display; faster, higher-quality printing; a variety of proactive alerts that help keep working printers in employees’ hands; and many convenient charging accessories. And your IT department will find the QLn easier to integrate into existing environments with such features as Zebra Global Printing, improved network performance, and ZebraLink support. Also prolong printer uptime and enhance operations productivity with remote Ethernet-connected printer, battery, configuration, and firmware management, all supported by ZebraLink tools.
Ideal for these applications
- Retail - shelf-edge labels, mark-down labels, price labels and tags, sell-by labels, transfer and return labels
- Healthcare - bedside specimen labels, pharmacy labels
- Transportation and Logistics - shipping/receiving labels, pallet/case labels, cross-docking labels, warehouse management labels
Zebra QLn220 Printer Highlights
- Direct thermal printing of bar codes, text and graphics
- CPCL and ZPL programming languages
- 256 MB Flash supports downloadable programs, receipt formats, fonts, and graphics
- 2.45 AH removable Li-Ion smart battery
- Built-in battery charger
- Black mark and gap media sensing using fixed center position sensors
- Easy to use peel and present mode
- Label present sensor for issuing labels one at a time
- Tear bar for easy receipt dispensing
- Center-loading media locking for variable roll widths
- “Clamshell” design for easy media loading
- Management: Mirror, SNMP, Web server (with customizable HTML pages), Wavelink Avalanche [future firmware update]
- Large, easy to read LCD control panel 240 x 128 pixels
- LCD can be customized using WML (text and icons)
- 5-way navigation buttons, two software defined keys
- Printer alerts on the display, help menus
- Tolerance of multiple drops from 5"/1.52 m to concrete
- IP43 dust- and water-resistance rating (IP54 with soft case)
- Label odometer
- Real-time clock
Easier and more efficient to use
Multiple enhancements deliver significant operations advantages over the previous-generation QL and QL Plus series mobile printers.
Easier to use
Reduce training requirements and speed user adoption. Increase worker productivity and process efficiency.
- Easy-to-read display with larger, higher-resolution screen
- Easy-to-navigate controls and interface, including help menu and alert messages
- Intuitive peeler operation
- Easy to carry and store with smaller, lighter printer design
- Faster, higher-quality printing with lower power use, through new Power Smart Print Technology
- Higher performance
- Faster processing and throughput
- Increased memory that handles printer’s advanced functions and future firmware improvements, and stores more complex fonts, graphics and images
- New, convenient charging accessories increase user and operations efficiencies
Longer Printer Uptime
Improve operations productivity and reduce costs associated with downtime through fewer printing interruptions.
- Prevent associates from being stuck printerless in the middle of their work. The printer enables proactive maintenance by displaying printer alert messages, smart battery charge and health status, and printhead cleaning reminders and how-to’s (coming soon).
- Avoid the downtime and costs of unnecessarily sending the printer away for servicing. Many issues can be remotely diagnosed and resolved (including firmware updates, configuration changes, and adding new fonts or graphics) over an Ethernet connection.
Easier to integrate, manage and maintain
New features in the QLn printer make it easier and quicker to integrate into your existing network and printer environment, anywhere in the world, with no changes to software or network infrastructure needed. They help save IT time and costs—as do easier printer management and
Easier to Integrate
- Backwards compatibility with QL and QL Plus lets you upgrade to the QLn without changing media or label formats. It also allows mixed networks of QL/QL Plus and QLn products, as does the QLn printer’s inclusion of the legacy CPCL programming language.
- Inclusion of ZPL programming language ensures full compatibility with most other Zebra printers.
- With Zebra’s Unicode UTF-16-compliant Global Printing Solution with right-to-left printing capability, print in the native language of most countries around the world, and print multiple languages on a single label.
- Integrate and use the printer in a variety of physical environments and conditions thanks to its durable design.
Easier to Manage
- Rapidly configure, monitor and control Zebra printers on your network— maximizing uptime to get the most from your investment—with ZebraLink tools like the Zebra Setup Utility (for single printer setup), ZebraNet Bridge Enterprise for global centralized printer management, ZebraDesigner Drivers (for Windows based printing), ZebraDesigner Pro (for label design), ZebraLink Multiplatform SDK and Smartphone Utility (for printing from mobile terminals and smartphones), and ZBI 2.0 programming for customizing the functionality of the printer, including connecting to scanners, scales, and other peripherals.
- Also manage specific, local printer and battery issues remotely over a wired IP network via a Zebra Ethernet Cradle—keeping printers in service longer and reducing “no problem found” returns. The Ethernet Cradle allows all printer configurations to be remotely managed, including serial and Bluetooth (which otherwise would not be possible).
- With the mirror function, automatically update printer firmware and/or configuration from a file server over either 802.11 or Ethernet interfaces.
- You can also manage QLn printers using most popular third-party management software solutions. The printers also fully support Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
What Comes with the Unit?
Unit with AC Adapter: Cradle, AC Adapter, Power Cord, and Document CD including Cradle user manual and installation guide
Single-bay unit without AC Adapter: Cradle and Document CD including Cradle user manual and installation guide (AC Adapter can be purchased separately)