Delivering best-in-class throughput and unparalleled print speed, the innovative ZXP Series 8 Single Sided Card Printer creates vivid color plastic cards on-demand fast. You'll increase your operational efficiency without sacrificing image quality thanks to Zebra's patent-pending simultaneous Single sided image transfer process and efficient landscape mode.
Features N/A Spec Sheet Technical Information
Recommended Use : Card Print
Print Color Capability : Color
Printing Capability : Single Sided
Maximum Color Print Speed : 19 Second
Maximum Print Resolution : 304 dpi
Encoding Technology : Magnetic Stripe Encoder
Standard Memory : 64 MB
USB : Yes
Network & Communication
Ethernet : Yes
Ethernet Technology : Fast Ethernet
Display & Graphics
Display Screen Type : LCD
Media Types & Handling
Media Type :
- PVC Card
- ABS Card
- Composite Card
- PET Card
Media Handling :
- 1 x Input Hopper 150 Card
- 1 x Output Hopper 100 Card
Media Load Type : Auto Feed
Media Thickness : 40 mil
Fonts & Emulation
Language Emulation : XML
Input Voltage : 110 V AC
Height : 11.9"
Width : 14"
Depth : 20.4"
Package Contents :
- ZXP Series 8 Single Sided Card Printer
- US power cords
- USB cable
- CD (Includes: Windows Drivers and Multi Language User Documentation)
Platform Supported : PC
Limited Warranty : 2 Year
Manufacturer Part Number Z81-0M0C0000US00 RACO Part Number N/A Manufacturer Zebra Technologies Corporation Standard Memory N/A Flash Memory N/A Screen Resolution N/A Display Color N/A Scanner Type N/A Data Collection Type N/A Product Color N/A Resolution N/A Max Print Width N/A Max Roll Diameter N/A Max Label Width N/A Interface N/A Product Type N/A Connectivity N/A Scanner Capability N/A Image Sensor N/A Operating System N/A Print Color N/A Obsolete 0
- Additional Information
Zebra ZXP Series 8 Single-Sided Card Printer
Interested in upgrading your card printing solution? Trade in your current printer toward the purchase of this Zebra ZXP Series 8 model or any other qualifying Zebra printer model, and you could receive a rebate of up to $400! Click here to visit our promotion page or contact a RACO Card representative for more details.
Innovative, best-in-class retransfer card printer
With best-in-class, productivity-boosting throughput, you can produce vivid color plastic cards on demand fast thanks to Zebra’s highly advanced ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer, featuring its patent-pending image transfer process. Even at unparalleled print speeds, the printer achieves superior, photo-quality images that boasts rich, consistent colors and strikingly sharp resolution.
The Zebra ZXP Series 8 includes ZMotif™ software for easy integration with enterprise applications. A modular design gives you the flexibility to add a variety of encoding options as needed, while the printer’s high reliability minimizes maintenance needs and total cost of ownership.
- ID and access control cards
- Government-issued driver’s licenses
- National ID and voter registration cards
- People-tracking in high-security areas
- Instant issuance of ATM/credit/smart cards
- Personalized gift, membership and loyalty cards
- Smart cards in travel, gaming and entertainment
- Best-in-class throughput for printing, encoding and laminating increases your operational efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Based on Zebra’s image-processing technology, photo-quality image and print resolution are obtained to meet your quality and brand specifications.
- Designed inside and out to be reliable and durable—reducing repair costs and downtime.
Easy printer integration and management
- ZMotif XML-based drivers and SDK makes the printer enterprise-ready with driver and management utility tools for easy setup and faster deployment—saving IT time and costs.
- Microsoft® Windows® certified drivers ensure application compatibility, ease of use, and investment protection in existing software infrastructures.
- A variety of connectivity interfaces are available for easy integration into local or networked • systems—USB, Ethernet, and 802.11b/g wireless.
Modular design with order-now or add-later options
- Magnetic stripe encoder
- Smart card contact and contactless encoders
- UHF Gen 2 RFID encoder
- Ethernet and 802.11b/g wireless connectivity
- Laminator module option for single-sided lamination
- Transfer film easily shows tamper evidence for built-in fraud protection
- Lockable enclosure and card feeder prevents unauthorized use
- Kensington® lock slot to secure printer to work environment
Innovative hardware matched with innovative software
The Zebra ZXP Series 8 printer is based on new leading-edge software technology that enables high-performance printing and meets demanding enterprise needs for application integration and management.
ZMotif, Zebra’s new XML standards-based printer and job control software language, delivers the benefits of card printing transparently via Windows® certified drivers, along with an advanced Software Development Kit (SDK) and development tools for application integration and printer management.
The new Zebra ZMotif toolbox application provides a complete management console for advanced printer and driver configuration and management. Features such as user role-based driver password protection, configuration save and restore capability, print logging, and a library suite of test cards, ensure that setup and management of Zebra ZXP Series 8 printers are a snap—whether by a single user or via advanced multiple printer configurations management.
About the retransfer printing technology
Unlike traditional dye sublimation card printers, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card, retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card. In general, benefits of retransfer printing include:
- Higher image quality and print resolution
- The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
- True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
- The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
- More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
- Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident