DetailsTowa APN30 Applicator
Manufacturer Part Number APN30 Manufacturer Towa
- Additional Information
TOWA APN Label Applicator Series (Towa Applicator / Towa Dispenser)
Label applicators increase productivity and help the bottom line. Every business that uses labels can benefit from this label applicator.
Towa applicators use an exclusive label edge detector called "Mech-Sensor system" which automatically detects the leading edge of the label providing complete accuracy in dispensing. Each of three applicators can dispense any type of label and requires no special liner tool, cartridges or cassettes. There are three types of APN applicators depending on width of the labels. APN-30 is easy to handle, APN-60 is the most popular and APN-100 is convenient for wide labels.
- No feeding holes, slits or eye-marks (black marks) required on release liner
- No mechanical adjustment is needed in different sizes of labels
- Different size of labels within the specifications can be dispensed and applied by the specific applicator
- 2-3mm gap between each label is required
- Max. 100mm width label can be dispensed and applied. There is no similar tool around.
- The Mech-Sensor detects a height of label from 18mm up to 60mm without any adjustment.
- You can use labels in roll, printed barcode labels and rewound rolls.
- It's unnecessary to make a slit or slot on backing paper for feeding of labels.
- Labels with less than 50ųm thickness is unacceptable for all models.
- Some types of labels (films), synthetic paper may not be supported.
- Label wound-in is recommended to use.
- 3" label core adapter can be supplied as an option.
- Use only die-cut labels.
- A cotton-swab moistened with ALCOHOL, is recommended to wipe adhesive from Mech-Sensor.
Towa APN Applicator Specifications
Label Size STROKE Label Size WIDTH Max Outer Diameter Towa AP65-30
2-3 mm 18-60 mm 20-30 mm 100 mm
Notice: The width of release liner can be applicable +2mm at both sides.
Determining Your Towa APN Applicator Needs
The following specifications offer guidelines to use when selecting the appropriate dispenser for your needs.
Dimension 30mm Roll Size 88.9mm OD
Core Size 25.4mm ID 1" Max Label Width 28.575mm
Min Label Width 20mm
Max Label Repeat 63.5mm
Min Label Repeat 6.35mm
Die Cut Only YES
Notes: OD refers to "Outer Dimension" of the roll, while ID refers to "Inner Dimension" of the core. "Label Repeat" indicates the distance from the beginning of one label to the beginning of the next label.
Logistics Industry: Address Labels and Tags
APN has been used to apply address labels in many logistics companies to relieve the daily labeling works on cartons and boxes.
Courier Industry: Mailing Seals and Address Labels and Tags
APN has been adopted by the largest transport company to apply mailing label on the package and also many users of the company also use it by themselves to apply the label supplied from the company.
Barcode Printed Labels
Many kinds of labels such as barcode labels printed by a printer is applied after you rewind it. In case of small amount of labels, you can rewind by hand and set it in use. Please note that the labels need to be "wound out" to work better in the Towa Applicators. RACO carries both unwinders and rewinders.
Agriculture and Fishery Industry
Nowadays it is increasing the demand of product information such as a producer and the place of production as traceability like Country of Origin Labeling (COOL). To disclose the place of production the APN applicator helps greatly for the labeling works in the industry. It is suitable to apply the label on fruits, vegetables, flowers, grains, fish, seafood and so on at the point-of-ship from farms and fishing ports.
Labeling on Soft Articles Like Eggs, Strawberries That are Vulnerable To Damage
The optional Sponge Roller reduces labeling damage on soft articles. The Sponge Roller is available as a part by option.
Other Industry Examples
APN is preferred for labeling works to apply special campaign seal on the articles in beverages makers, foods makers and convenience stores. Also it is used to apply a label like "Today's Special ", "Special Discount", "Time Service" etc in supermarkets, food shops, food shops in department stores. Especially it helps labeling works in short time to apply Time Service label on foods package in order to sell off before the stores to close. Some customers who use to apply IC label (IC tag) or RFID label (RFID tag) by APN. (Please ask us before use.)
Loading the Towa Applicator Directions
- Label "wound in" is recommended to use. (The label wound out is shown for easy understanding.)
- Synthetic paper labels may cause the problem, please contact us before use.
- The thickness of labels less than 50 micron cannot be used.
- 4.3" Label core adaptor can be supplied as an option.
How to use Labeler (Towa Applicator) 1. Remove label guide by turning to the right and place your roll of labels onto the spooler. Replace the guide by pressing inward and turning to the left. 2. Pull labels under the transparent pressure plate. Open the bottom gate, releasing the latch marked "OPEN" (do not force), and thread label edge along the bottom gate. 3. Close the bottom gate by returning the latch marked "OPEN" back into the locked position. The serrated edge is used to remove the excess label liner. 4. Labels are released as you squeeze the handle. As you squeeze, pull the applicator along in a fluid motion over the surface of the item being labeled. Cleaning/Removing Stuck Labels
Unscrew 2 screws. Easily remove stuck label by solvent for strong adhesive.