This product is no longer available. We will continue to carry options, accessories and supplies for this product for as long as we can. Please contact RACO for availability and pricing or for a comparable replacement product.
RioScan ScanSeek is a breakthrough application that enables users to instantly create a portable handheld solution for almost any Open DataBase Connectivity (ODBC) compliant software package. The ODBC data source can be downloaded to a Palm OS based handheld, allowing the user to add, delete, and edit items as well as upload the updated information back to the original data source.
As RioScan's most versatile application, ScanSeek will work with various handheld units including the Symbol SPT 1500 and SPT 1700. Virtually anyone can develop a custom data collection application by using the ScanSeek Data Exchange Wizard. The most common application of ScanSeek is replicating an Excel spreadsheet or an Access database on your handheld. This creates a portable, customizable, data collection device that allows the user to populate the fields via the scanning process and easy-to-use Palm interface.
Selling Points for Resellers
- One-touch data synchronization
- Wizard-based configuration
- Read-only fields
- Required fields only
- Default to last-value fields
- Support for common data types
- Indexed searching on the handheld
- Microsoft Excel analyzer add-in to assist in connecting to Excel spreadsheets
Creating custom solutions
- Support for a wide variety of databases through ODBC
- Support for a wide variety of barcode symbologies
- Relational support, even between different databases
- Take any ODBC data source (Excel™, Oracle™, Access™) and turn it into a mobile database
- Unlimited e-mail support
ScanSeek is a unique application that allows you to extend PC-based business applications to a Palm OS-based handheld device. With ScanSeek you are able to instantly create mobile software solutions using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or any other ODBC data source, and build a data collection application based on that data.
ScanSeek comes with one PC license and one handheld license. After the initial purchase of RioScan's ScanSeek a customer may purchase additional handheld license's.