This product is no longer available. We will continue to carry options, accessories and supplies for this product for as long as we can. Please contact RACO for availability and pricing or for a comparable replacement product.
Symbol Technologies Symbol PPT 4600 Portable Pen Terminals
Portable Pen Computer with Integrated Scanner
Starting at less than 2 pounds (.9 kilos), the Symbol PPT 4600 is the lightest product in its class and is ergonomically designed for comfortable single-handed use over an extended period of time. Fits snugly in the palm.
- Optional rotating scan head facilitates use in either hand and allows users to adapt to the requirements of individual jobs.
- Battery slides in. With 6- or 8- hour battery life, operators will spend their time using the Symbol PPT 4600 Series Terminals- not recharging them.
- Adjustable strap and triggers on both sides allow right- or left- handed use with equal ease and comfort. Strap also lets users relax their grip, reducing the fatigue associated with repetitive tasks.
- Rugged construction, sealed case and advanced design allow the Symbol PPT 4600 Series (half screen model) to withstand repeated 6.6 foot (2 metre) drops to concrete without damage to the display, scanner or frame, and protects against extreme conditions, including wind-blown rain and dust.
- Both models offer the power of a 486 processor, 2 MB flash memory, 2 MB to 16 MB onboard RAM, plus the ability to accommodate future expansion
- Icon control power status, speaker volume, backlight level and screen contrast
- Touch or pen-based input combined with Graphical User Interface (GUI) techniques provide intuitive, point-and-click operation and the ability to capture signatures. Ideal for applications involving transactions, confirmations and approvals.
- Back-lit screen is easy to read for improved productivity and reduced eye fatigue - even in warehouse, trucks, and other poorly lighted environments.
- Type II and Type II PC card slots support quick, easy expansion.
Flexible and Expandable to Meet Your Exact Needs
Through a powerful standard feature set and a selection of high-performance options, the Symbol PPT 4600 can be configured to meet any application requirements. Two screen sizes are available: a 5.6" (14.2 cm ) diagonal model and a larger 7.8" (19.8 cm) diagonal version. Both screens integrate pen/touch capabilities to support Graphical User Interface (GUI) applications. Microsoft DOS is installed and Microsoft Windows for Pen Computing is available to ensure your applications run in today's most popular environments.
Symbol PPT 4600 Applications:
- Transportation Companies -- looking for a flexible tool to track shipments, capture signatures and much more will find the Symbol PPT 4600 goes where the goods go. Add PD417 or vehicle mounted cradle options for even more freedom and productivity.
- Utilities -- are assured of performance that's predictable and reliable day-in and day-out even when the weather's not -- because of the PPT 4600 Series' rugged construction and sealed case.
- Public Safety agencies -- appreciate the PPT 4600 Series' combination of light weight and rugged durability. Both models are comfortable for the user, but designed for heavy duty in a wide range of applications, including vehicle identification, ticketing and crime scene investigation.
- Warehouse and distribution operations-- receiving, tracking, sorting, storing and retrieving are just some of the functions that will be faster, easier and more accurate with help of the PPT 4600 Series capabilities. The back-lit screen is easy to read, even under dim lighting conditions.
- Retail organizations -- access databases remotely using the PPT 4600 with RF capabilities for on-the-floor product information and sales transactions, as well as inventory control and stock management.
- Health care facilities -- add RF capabilities to the PPT 4600 and patient identification, prescription and diagnostic information is available where and when it's needed most.
- Half Screen Model:
- Weight: 30 oz. (851 gm) with battery, add 5-7 oz. (142-198 gm) for scanner options
- Size: 5.4" W x 9.6" L x 3.5" D (13.72 cm W x 24.4 cm L x 9 cm D )
- Display: 320 x 480 VGA, (5.6" (14.2 cm) diagonally), back-lit, 16 level grayscale
- Full Screen Model:
- Weight: 36 oz. (1022 gm) with battery, add 5-7 oz. (142-198 gm) for scanner options
- Size: 8.8" W x 9.6" L x 3.5" D (22.4 cm W x 24.4 cm L x 9 cm D)
- Display: 640 x 480 VGA, (7.8" (19.8 cm ) diagonally), back-lit, 16 level grayscale
- Drop: half screen; 6.6 ft (2m) to concrete; full screen: 3.3 ft (1m) to concrete)
- Operating and Storage Temperature: -4 to 122 (-20 to 50C)
- Touch Panel: resistive, 180 dots per inch (70 dots per inch)
- Pen: passive
- Processor: 486 SCL/ 25 MHz or 486 SLC/ 50 MHz
- Memory: 2 MB or 4 MB flash, 2 -16 MB RAM
- PCMCIA slots: one type II and one type III
- Communication Ports: infrared RS-232, physical RS-232, second physical RS-232 optional
- System: Microsoft DOS, Microsoft Windows for Pen Computing optional
- Application Development: C, C++, PenPal, PenRight!, Visual Basic, Powerbuilder
- Battery: lithium
- Battery Recharge Time: 2 hours
- Backup Battery: Rechargeable Lithium
Features N/A Spec Sheet N/A Manufacturer Part Number N/A RACO Part Number N/A Manufacturer Symbol Standard Memory N/A Flash Memory N/A Screen Resolution N/A Display Color N/A Scanner Type N/A Data Collection Type N/A Product Color N/A Resolution N/A Max Print Width N/A Max Roll Diameter N/A Max Label Width N/A Interface N/A Product Type N/A Connectivity N/A Scanner Capability N/A Image Sensor N/A Operating System N/A Print Color N/A Obsolete 1