This product is no longer available. We will continue to carry options, accessories and supplies for this product for as long as we can. Please contact RACO for availability and pricing or for a comparable replacement product.
Symbol Technologies Symbol LS 3200 Barcode Scanner Series
The New Standard in Ruggedized Scanners
The Symbol LS 3200 Barcode Scanner Series is the latest generation of hand-held laser barcode scanners developed specifically for rugged industrial applications. The Symbol LS 3200 barcode scanner builds on the proven design of our LS 3000 Scanner Series, recognized around the globe for fast, accurate bar code reading and reliability. With enhanced features the Symbol LS 3200 goes further, establishing a new performance standard for barcode scanning in industrial environments:
- Improved scan line visibility - The Symbol LS 3200 uses a new type of laser which appears three times brighter to the user than standard laser scanners simply because the human eye is more sensitive to its color. This higher apparent brightness makes the scan line easier to see and the scanner easier to use, especially in high ambient light environments and at longer distances. And, since there is no increase in output power, there is no reduction in safety.
- Optimized laser focusing - Symbol's unique use of advanced beam shaping technology ensures top performance throughout the working range. The scanner also automatically selects the optimum setting for processing the data to give the broadest reading capabilities whether your bar codes are low-density or high-density, well or poorly printed.
- High performance for all your scanning needs - exceptional first-time read rate, even on dot matrix bar codes. Ideal for reading bar codes typically found on shipping manifests, outer packaging cases or other exposed surfaces. The Symbol LS 3200 autodiscriminates all standard one-dimensional bar code symbologies.
- Lower power consumption - realize nearly 50% longer battery life in your portable terminal applications for continuos scanning and minimized battery expense.
- Extended operating temperature range for undecoded scanners - (-22 to 122F (-30 to 50C) - the Symbol LS 3200 scanner is designed to work in the tough environments where you do - whether you are tracking inventory in a freezer store room or baggage in the midday sun.
Built to Last
Rugged environments demand rugged design. The Symbol LS 3200 delivers it with impact-resistant housing, internal shock mounting, and an ultrasonically welded window. These scanners are lightweight and well balanced for user comfort, yet can withstand repeated six-foot (1.8m) drops onto concrete.
Combined with Symbol's patented Mylar scan element, the LS 3200 delivers unmatched reliability. Like a tuning for, the scan element resonates at a fixed frequency creating motion without wear and tear.
Hand-Held or Hands-Free: The Best of Both
For added convenience, combine the LS 3200 with Symbol's IntelliStand for instant flexibility. Just place the scanner in the IntelliStand and it becomes an easy-to-use presentation scanner - perfect for scanning small items without having to pick up the scanner. Take the scanner out of the IntelliStand to scan larger or bulky items.
- Light Source: 650 nm laser diode
- Scan Rate: 36 (3) scans/sec (bidirectional)
- Yaw: 60 from normal
- Roll (skew): 10 from normal
- Pitch: 55 from normal
- Symbologies: UPC/EAN, UPC/EAN with supplementals, Code 39 Full ASCII, Code 128, EAN 128, Codabar, Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, MSI/PLESSEY
- Electrical: Complies with UL, CSA and VDE; conforms to FCC Class A and Class B limits
- Voltage: 4.3 to 14 VDC
- Current: 75 mA
- Laser Class: CDRH Class II, BSI, IEC 825 Class 2
- Weight: (without cable) approximately 8.5 oz. (240 gm)
- Ambient Light: Immune to normal artificial indoor and natural outdoor (direct sunlight) lighting conditions
- Operating Temperatures: -22 to 122F (-30 to 50C)
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140F (-40 to 60C)
- Durability: Multiple 6 ft. (163 cm) drops to concrete
- Environmental: Sealed against windblown dust and rain
Features N/A Spec Sheet N/A Manufacturer Part Number N/A RACO Part Number N/A Manufacturer Symbol Standard Memory N/A Flash Memory N/A Screen Resolution N/A Display Color N/A Scanner Type N/A Data Collection Type N/A Product Color N/A Resolution N/A Max Print Width N/A Max Roll Diameter N/A Max Label Width N/A Interface N/A Product Type N/A Connectivity N/A Scanner Capability N/A Image Sensor N/A Operating System N/A Print Color N/A Obsolete 1