Metrologic Genesis MS7580 the world first presentation area imager engineered to decode all standard 1D, PDF and 2D codes, provides enhanced productivity and revolutionary imaging technology in an elegant, yet durable design.
Spec Sheet Technical Information
Connectivity Technology : Cable
Barcode Symbology Supported :
- All Standard 1D Symbologies
- GS1 Databar
- PDF 417
- Micro PDF
- QR Code
- UCC/EAN Composite Codes
- Postal Code
Light Source : LED
Image Sensor : Imager
Maximum Scan Resolution : 4 mil
Host Interface : Multi-interface
Input Voltage : 12 V DC
Color : Gray
Height : 5.9"
Width : 3.3"
Depth : 3.2"
Weight (Approximate) : 11.99 oz
Package Contents :
- Genesis MS7580 Bar Code Reader
- MetroSelect Single-Line Configuration Guide
- Area-Imaging Supplemental Configuration Guide
- Genesis 7580 User's Guide
Additional Information :
- Keyboard Wedge
- IBM 46XX
Certifications & Standards :
- FCC Class B
- IEC60825-1 LED Safety
- Class 1; IEC60825-1:1993/A1:1997+A2:2001
- Class 1; EN60825-1:1994/A11:1996+A2:2001
Environmentally Friendly : Yes
Environmental Certification :
Manufacturer Part Number MK7580-30B41-02 Manufacturer Honeywell
- Additional Information
Honeywell Genesis MS7580 Bar Code Reader
Honeywell Genesis 7580 Imager is a presentation imager engineered to decode all standard printed and electronic 1D, PDF and 2D matrix codes. As the first product released under the Metrologic ELITE brand, Genesis signals the company’s move to producing devices that tie advanced engineering with superior elegance, performance and reliability. With the Genesis, Metrologic provides enhanced productivity and revolutionary imaging technology in an elegant, yet durable design. Coupled with Metrologic’s Platinum Service Plan, the Genesis 7580 will provide high performance scanning for years to come. Delivered in a stylish, full-color package, Genesis carries the Metrologic ELITE badge and will be offered with our new extended warranty options.
The Honeywell’s 7580 is the world’s first presentation area imager engineered to decode all standard 1D, PDF and 2D barcodes. The Honeywell 7580 Genesis is the first Honeywell Elite product and perfect for many retail, healthcare, manufacturing, and airline applications. This stylish, versatile, powerful area-imaging scanner has excellent motion tolerance features and provides best-in-class first-pass scans even if the barcode is damaged or truncated. Shielded LEDs provide light immunity and allow you to work in any environment from a dark warehouse to direct sunlight. One of the market’s few omnidirectional 2D scanners, the Honeywell 7580 imager features document scanning also permits the user to capture checks, coupons, signatures and damaged packages.
Honeywell’s Genesis imager is destined to redefine industry standards for imaging solutions. Breakthrough performance and a versatile form factor make this product suitable for environments ranging from manufacturing to healthcare to retail POS.
Patented CodeGate technology along with a centrally-located activation button support menu-scanning and other targeted-scanning applications.
Unlike other scanners with multiple on-board interfaces, the Honeywell 7580 imager has four dedicated memory banks - each one capable of storing full configuration settings for RS232, keyboard wedge, USB and 46xx RS485 interfaces.
Automatic cable detection and configuration simplifies migration to a new interface by eliminating the need to scan programming bar codes. Three additional patented technologies augment the Honeywell 7580’s unmatched feature set:
- FirstFlash™ technology along with shielded LEDs minimize the intense flashing common among other area imagers.
- Code Select allows the Metrologic MS7580 imager to capture up to seven bar codes in a single flash and outputs data in any predetermined order.
- TotalFreedom™ offers unlimited possibilities for developing value-added custom application modules embedded directly into the Metrologic MS7580 instead of the host system.
- Honeywell’s EasyDL software plug-in parses bar code data found on government-issued identification for applications involving age verification or automatic electronic form population.