Datamax XL Thermal Transfer Bar Code Label Printers features/pricing/photo
For bar code labeling applications that require fast label throughput from a compact, reliable printer, Datamax offers the XL.
The Datamax XL is designed for ease-of-use and ease of adjustment to provide greater productivity in a variety of applications. With a 32-bit microprocessor and a print speed of up to 6 inches pet second, the XL is one of the fastest 4" printers in its class. These features, coupled with the XL's rugged, compact design provide a flexible, economical solution to all of your bar code printing needs.
Options include: thermal transfer, cutter with tray, external rewind, metal cabinetry and FLASH memory upgrade.
The Datamax XL Features:
- Faster Label Throughput - at 6 inches (152mm) per second, the XL is one of the fastest bar code label, ticket and tag printers available.
- Rugged, Reliable and Compact -Durable and tough, in fact, the Datamax XL is constructed of 85% metal, Most competitive models are made of plastic. This design makes the XL ideal for demanding industrial applications, all in a compact, flexible design.
- Easy to Use - Designed for simple adjustment and operation to meet a wide variety of application requirements with increased productivity.
- Loaded with Features - The XL offers standard serial and parallel ports, as well as a standard internal rewind and present sensor.
The Datamax XL provides reliability, high performance and quality features at an affordable price.
- PRINTER TYPE: Direct Thermal, Optional Thermal Transfer
- PRINT SPEED: 2" - 6" per second (5lmm- 152mm)
- RESOLUTION: 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- BAR CODE MODULUS: 5 mil to 110 mil "X" dimension in picket fence or ladder orientations
- MAXIMUM PRINT WIDTH: 4.1" (l04mm)
- MEDIA WIDTH: 1" -4.65" (25mm- 118mm)
- PRINT LENGTH: .5" - 99" (13mm - 2515mm) 1" (25mm) minimum print length with optional present sensor
- MEDIA WINDOW: Clear side door panel to easily monitor media supply levels
- MEDIA TYPE: Roll-fed or fan-fold materials, die-cut or continuous labels; perforated or continuous tag/ticket stock
- MEDIA THICKNESS: .0025" - .0100" (.0635mm - .254mm)
- MEDIA SENSING: "See through" for liner-backed die-cut labels and tags; left bias reflective sensor for media with black stripe sensing
- PRESENT SENSOR: Used for on-demand label dispensing
- INTERNAL REWIND: 3" (103mm) OD capacity; label backing rewound in peel and present mode and liner rewound in batch mode with present sensor used for on-demand label dispensing (factory installed)
- SUPPLY ROLL: 8" (203mm) maximum diameter on 1.5" - 3" (38mm-76mm) core. Fan-fold stock accepted from rear of printer
- LABEL BACKFEED: For use with optional cutter
- RIBBONS: Industry standard ribbon widths; 1" (25mm) ribbon core, 1182' (360M) in length
- CABINET: Plastic construction; optional metal
- BAR CODES: Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 128 (subsets A, B and C), Codabar, LOGMARS, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC 2 & 5 digit addendums, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN 2 & 5 digit addendums, UPC random weight, Code 93, MSI Plessey, Universal Shipping Container Symbology, UCC/EAN Code 128, Postnet, Code 128 MOD 43, PDF 417
- RESIDENT FONTS: Nine alphanumeric fonts from .035" (.89mm) to .64" (16.26mm) and OCR-A, OCR-B, CG TriumvirateTM from AGFA in both portrait and landscape orientations (from 6 point to 36 point)
- CHARACTER SET: Modified IBM Code Page 850; includes characters for English and most European, Scandinavian and Spanish speaking countries
- FONT EXPANSION/ROTATION: All fonts expandable vertically and horizontally up to 24x; fonts and graphics can be printed in four directions: 0, 90, 180 and 270
- GRAPHICS SUPPORT: .PCX, .BMP and .IMG files
- REVERSE FIELDS/MIRROR IMAGE: Any font or graphic field can be printed as a normal or reverse image
- TIME AND DATE: Standard
- MEMORY MODULE SLOT: One side panel slot holds optional FLASH module
- BUILT-IN ROM: Up to 4MB
- INTERNAL BATCH: Stand-alone label creation capability for Wyse 50 or compatible type terminals
- BUILT-IN DRAM: 4MB
- INTERFACES: Centronics Parallel port, RS232 at 300 to 38,400 BPS, optional RS422
- POWER SOURCE: 115, 230 VAC 50/60Hz available; specify when ordering
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 40 F to 95 F (4 C to 35 C)
- DIMENSIONS: 8.8" (224mm)H x 9.5" (241mm)W x 16.6" (422mm)D
- WEIGHT: 23lbs (10.4kg), metal 27lbs (12.3kg)
Features N/A Spec Sheet N/A Manufacturer Part Number N/A RACO Part Number N/A Obsolete 1