This product is no longer available. We will continue to carry options, accessories and supplies for this product for as long as we can. Please contact RACO for availability and pricing or for a comparable replacement product.
Datamax XL™ Thermal Transfer Bar Code Label Printers features/pricing/photo
For bar code labeling applications that require fast label throughput from a compact, reliable printer, Datamax offers the XL.
The Datamax XL is designed for ease-of-use and ease of adjustment to provide greater productivity in a variety of applications. With a 32-bit microprocessor and a print speed of up to 6 inches pet second, the XL is one of the fastest 4" printers in its class. These features, coupled with the XL's rugged, compact design provide a flexible, economical solution to all of your bar code printing needs.
Options include: thermal transfer, cutter with tray, external rewind, metal cabinetry and FLASH memory upgrade.
The Datamax XL™ Features:
- Faster Label Throughput - at 6 inches (152mm) per second, the XL is one of the fastest bar code label, ticket and tag printers available.
- Rugged, Reliable and Compact -Durable and tough, in fact, the Datamax XL is constructed of 85% metal, Most competitive models are made of plastic. This design makes the XL ideal for demanding industrial applications, all in a compact, flexible design.
- Easy to Use - Designed for simple adjustment and operation to meet a wide variety of application requirements with increased productivity.
- Loaded with Features - The XL offers standard serial and parallel ports, as well as a standard internal rewind and present sensor.
The Datamax XL provides reliability, high performance and quality features at an affordable price.
- PRINTER TYPE: Direct Thermal, Optional Thermal Transfer
- PRINT SPEED: 2" - 6" per second (5lmm- 152mm)
- RESOLUTION: 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- BAR CODE MODULUS: 5 mil to 110 mil "X" dimension in picket fence or ladder orientations
- MAXIMUM PRINT WIDTH: 4.1" (l04mm)
- MEDIA WIDTH: 1" -4.65" (25mm- 118mm)
- PRINT LENGTH: .5" - 99" (13mm - 2515mm) 1" (25mm) minimum print length with optional present sensor
- MEDIA WINDOW: Clear side door panel to easily monitor media supply levels
- MEDIA TYPE: Roll-fed or fan-fold materials, die-cut or continuous labels; perforated or continuous tag/ticket stock
- MEDIA THICKNESS: .0025" - .0100" (.0635mm - .254mm)
- MEDIA SENSING: "See through" for liner-backed die-cut labels and tags; left bias reflective sensor for media with black stripe sensing
- PRESENT SENSOR: Used for on-demand label dispensing
- INTERNAL REWIND: 3" (103mm) OD capacity; label backing rewound in peel and present mode and liner rewound in batch mode with present sensor used for on-demand label dispensing (factory installed)
- SUPPLY ROLL: 8" (203mm) maximum diameter on 1.5" - 3" (38mm-76mm) core. Fan-fold stock accepted from rear of printer
- LABEL BACKFEED: For use with optional cutter
- RIBBONS: Industry standard ribbon widths; 1" (25mm) ribbon core, 1182' (360M) in length
- CABINET: Plastic construction; optional metal
- BAR CODES: Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 128 (subsets A, B and C), Codabar, LOGMARS, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC 2 & 5 digit addendums, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN 2 & 5 digit addendums, UPC random weight, Code 93, MSI Plessey, Universal Shipping Container Symbology, UCC/EAN Code 128, Postnet, Code 128 MOD 43, PDF 417
- RESIDENT FONTS: Nine alphanumeric fonts from .035" (.89mm) to .64" (16.26mm) and OCR-A, OCR-B, CG TriumvirateTM from AGFA in both portrait and landscape orientations (from 6 point to 36 point)
- CHARACTER SET: Modified IBM Code Page 850; includes characters for English and most European, Scandinavian and Spanish speaking countries
- FONT EXPANSION/ROTATION: All fonts expandable vertically and horizontally up to 24x; fonts and graphics can be printed in four directions: 0, 90, 180 and 270
- GRAPHICS SUPPORT: .PCX, .BMP and .IMG files
- REVERSE FIELDS/MIRROR IMAGE: Any font or graphic field can be printed as a normal or reverse image
- TIME AND DATE: Standard
- MEMORY MODULE SLOT: One side panel slot holds optional FLASH module
- BUILT-IN ROM: Up to 4MB
- INTERNAL BATCH: Stand-alone label creation capability for Wyse 50 or compatible type terminals
- BUILT-IN DRAM: 4MB
- INTERFACES: Centronics Parallel port, RS232 at 300 to 38,400 BPS, optional RS422
- POWER SOURCE: 115, 230 VAC 50/60Hz available; specify when ordering
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 40 F to 95 F (4 C to 35 C)
- DIMENSIONS: 8.8" (224mm)H x 9.5" (241mm)W x 16.6" (422mm)D
- WEIGHT: 23lbs (10.4kg), metal 27lbs (12.3kg)
Features N/A Spec Sheet N/A Manufacturer Part Number N/A RACO Part Number N/A Manufacturer Datamax Obsolete 1